With apologies for those Physiotalk followers outside of the UK, our tweetchat on Monday 21st June at 8pm BST will be focused on elections for the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) council.
The ballot papers are out and the candidates statements are all available for you to read either from the booklet you are sent or here. You have until 29th June to vote – and the most important thing is that you DO use your vote!
We would like to take this opportunity to use #Physiotalk to host a tweetchat focused on the CSP council elections, the role of council, and most importantly what members would like to ask prospective council members. We have requested via the CSP that all candidates are invited to take part in the tweetchat and will also make the transcript available to all candidates following the tweetchat.
Tweetchat ground rules
There is specific guidance for CSP members as well as candidates around the use of social media during the election process and it is important that all taking part in the chat are aware of and adhere to these guidelines In particular we must ensure that discussions are positive and comply with the canvassing rules and professional standards.
So – what questions do you want to ask?
What do you think are the burning issues for physiotherapists in the UK?
What do you want your new Council to focus on after the elections?
You can tweet us your suggestions in the run up to Monday 21st June or you can use this form to suggest questions but here are a few that we could ask on the night! However we will make sure we ask the important questions that YOU want answered…
- What qualities are important for a member of CSP council?
- How are you going to represent all areas of the CSP in the new structure?
- What are your greatest frustrations with 21st century physiotherapy?
- How do you plan to influence the development of support worker roles?
- What will the candidate do to promote the independent and private sector?
- How will you ensure that the CSP promotes the value of the NHS?
- How can physiotherapy show leadership towards a more environmentally sustainable health service?
- Where do you see the profession going in the next 5 years?
After the chat the transcript will be posted here
Civica Election Services – website for the CSP election
List of candidates in alphabetical order