Therapy Expo 2014 is on the 12th & 13th September at Manchester Central and is a dedicated event for therapists with over 85 CPD sessions running over the 2 days.In the run-up to the event we’re looking forward to holding an #MDTchat on learning and networking with social media on Monday 1st September at 8pm (BST).
We will be talking about what this involves for healthcare professionals – including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, osteopaths, sports therapists and chiropractors – and how to make the most of it.
We’re planning to cover:
- Different ways you can use social media to support your learning and CPD, including different social media platforms and networks
- Opportunities – including international and inter-professional learning
- Challenges – including time and perceptions around risk and professionalism
- Keeping track of everything – including recording CPD from social media and demonstrating the impact/outcomes
After the chat we’re hoping to use the transcript and also suggestions from previous #physiotalk chats to put together some top tips for using social media for CPD and networking.
- It’s good to talk – CPD and social media
- Social media and CPD presentation by Sue Beckingham via slideshare
- Twitter: part of your CPD toolkit
- Transcript from recent @hcsmanz twitter chat on social media and CPD
We aren’t planning to cover current guidance on professionalism in using social media in detail during the chat so if this is any area you are unsure of, or would like to read more on before the chat, we recommend having a look at our page on professionalism and twitter as a starting point.
We look forward to the discussions on the 1st September, and to meeting many of you at #therapyexpo.