Quick guide to guest hosting or co-hosting a #physiotalk tweet chat
We run fortnightly #physiotalk tweet chats, and many of these are run by guest hosts or co-hosts. Here is a quick guide to what’s involved in hosting or co-hosting #physiotalk so you can get a feel for what you might be getting yourself into!
Depending on how confident you feel the physiotalk team support you with planning, running and reviewing a #physiotalk twitter chat. We can give you as much support as you feel you need.
- Let us know you’re interested by tweeting @physiotalk or emailing email@example.com
- Decide on a topic you think people will be interested in and that you would be confident to lead a chat on (you don’t need to be an expert as it’s also about facilitating discussion). We are aiming for a range of topics over 2014 to appeal across the profession but appreciate we can’t be too choosy!
- Set the date with the physiotalk team – normally we will set dates up to 4 months in advance but are happy to book things in further ahead if needed (see our calendar here)
- Draft some pre-chat information – this will normally include an overview of the areas to be discussed and any useful links for pre-chat reading, and questions for the chat. This should be no longer than 400-500 words.
- Fill in this Guest host form and send to us via email and then we will post it on the physiotalk blog.
- Plan some key questions and resources you would like to use during the chat to stimulate discussions – around 4 or 5 questions are normally the right amount, as well as some useful links and resources.
- You can use this tweetsheet to help you plan the chat.
- We will tweet some build up tweets from physiotalk ahead of the chat – and you can help with this too, we will also schedule some tweets for one hour before the chat
During the chat
- How we run the chat will very much depend on how confident you feel and whether one or more of you are involved, so options include:
- The physiotalk team leading from physiotalk and you co-hosting from your organisation’s account or personal account
- You leading from your organisation’s account or personal account with or without help from us
- Ask some pre-planned and more spontaneous questions and also respond to people’s question and responses and some final tweets to finish.
- You can also use hosting a #physiotalk discussion to demonstrate the impact of your learning about social media.