Physiotalk has been running tweet chats for over a year now and the team need some more help. So, to coincide with Janet’s presentation at the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy’s student representative development weekend on 7th February (see #SRDW15) we are excited to be offering a 6 month ‘virtual’ internship to a pre-registration physiotherapy student.
This role will involve:
- Helping to post regular information from the physiotalk twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Web editing using a WordPress dashboard to create and publish pre and post-chat information, blogs and website updates.
- Liaising with guest hosts to plan, organise, run and evaluate tweet chats.
- Helping to facilitate physiotalk twitter chats.
- Using Symplur to create chat analytics and transcripts.
What you’ll need
- Knowledge, skills and experience that meet what we’re asking for in the person specification.
- A laptop or desktop computer.
- A mobile phone with Twitter and Facebook Apps.
- Up to 2 hours a month for helping us with activities above.
What we can offer:
Physiotalk isn’t a profit making community, so we can’t offer this as a paid role (although there may be some paid opportunities in the future) but what we will be able to offer you is:
- Advice, support and mentoring from Janet and Naomi to get you started and feeling confident carrying out the activities above.
- A chance to develop your digital leadership and social media skills in an area that will be relevant to your practice as a physiotherapist, with metrics and other information to help you demonstrate impact.
- Hands-on learning on using social media to learn, share and influence.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop networks with physiotherapists, other healthcare professionals and patient leaders in the UK and internationally.
- New skills and experience that will help you stand out in job applications and in interviews when you qualify.
- The opportunity to help lead and shape the development of physiotalk in 2015.
- A reference at the end of the 6 months.
Does this sound like something you would be interested in?
In that case – then have a look at the full information We are hiring and the Physiotalk intern role description and person specification and send in your application no later than 5pm on Sunday 1st March.