The physiotalk team is excited to heading to Cape Town for the World Confederation for Physical Therapy Congress from Sunday 3rd July This page includes information on our poster and how to find out more about our work.
Connect with physiotalk at WCPT2017
You can connect with @JanetThomas47 and @physiotalk over the course of congress:
- Our poster: Janet will be presenting ‘Physiotalk: connectedness and constructive change – a qualitative study’ on Monday 3rd July at 12.20-1pm in the poster hall (RR-PO-03-14-MON – Education: continuing professional development).
- Indaba: Janet will also be presenting a ‘my light bulb moment’ Indaba session: ‘Twitter: from what’s that to tweetchat’ in zone 2 (IN-17) on Sunday 2nd July at 5.15pm.
- Twitter: We’ll also be busy on twitter during the event using the event hashtag #WCPT2017.
Physiotalk: connectedness and constructive change – a qualitative study
The first stage of this research was a quantitative review on ‘Understanding the reach of a physiotherapy tweetchat community’ presented as a poster at ER-WCPT congress in Liverpool in November 2016.
The second stage is a qualitative study exploring the impact of taking part in physiotalk tweetchats on continual professional development (CPD) and professional practice, from participants’ perspectives.
Here’s a full PDF of our #WCPT2017 poster on Connectedness and constructive change – a qualitative study you can download and share, and you can also comment on below.
We were also chosen to have an extended abstract published in the European Journal of Physiotherapy
Find out more…
Physiotalk is a tweetchat community for physiotherapists by physiotherapists. Established in 2013 it is run by volunteers, Janet Thomas and Naomi McVey, and everything we do is free and open access:
- About physiotalk: Find out more on who we are and why we do what we do.
- Twitter & health: better knowledge, better care: a quick physiotalk video introduction on how connecting with people on twitter can help you improve health and care services.
- What’s a tweetchat? A tweetchat is a live, hosted discussion held at a set time, focused on a pre-arranged topic, with a # to bind the conversation – find out more on taking part in a tweet chat.
- Twitter CPD: done well twitter activity can be a valid and valuable part of your CPD – find out more on ways to do this and evidencing the impact.
We wish you all a great congress and look forward to connecting with the #globalPT community in Cape Town and online!