We are very excited that our first #physiotalk will take place on Monday 16th December 8 – 9pm and will focus on ‘Making the most of social media and tweet chats’.
Using Twitter and other forms of social media for work and professional development presents healthcare professionals with brilliant opportunities for learning and sharing best practice across services, regions and countries. However, there are challenges too, including restricted access to social media in workplaces and confidence to hold conversations in a very public space.
This first tweet chat aims to help people share experiences of using social media in a professional capacity, highlight guidance and support on how to do this, and think about how #physiotalk could be developed as part of this in 2014.
Areas of discussion will include:
- Do you feel confident using social media in a professional capacity or as a student physiotherapist?
- How do you currently use Twitter for work and CPD?
- Does your university or organisation support and promote the use of social media?
- How can we encourage the physiotherapy community to make the most of Twitter and other forms of social media?
- What are your top tips for using Twitter?
- What is the role of tweet chats and how they can help with professional and service development, and ultimately in improving quality of care?
- What you think is the best way to run physiotherapy tweet chats in the future – including dates, times and frequency?
- What topics for discussion would be most useful in 2014?
A post-chat summary will be available a few days after the chat. The team behind @physiotalk will use everything covered in the discussion to inform the development of regular #physiotalk chats in 2014 (only 5 weeks away!) and the development of the physiotalk.co.uk website.
Here are some resources that will help inform the discussion:
- Health and Care Professions Council: Focus on standards – social networking sites
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy: Social media guidance
- NHS Employers: HR and social media in the NHS
- NHS Employers: Increasing staff engagement with social media
- Physiotalk: how to tweet chat
This is a new project and comments & suggestions are very welcome via this blog or on Twitter.