The people have spoken – or at least a twitter poll did!
The top choice for our next chat is to look at CPD essentials. So that is what we will focus on during the tweetchat on Mon 1st Feb at 8pm GMT. Those of you with long memories may remember that one of the first chats we did back in 2014 was around your CPD although then the focus was on your HCPC renewals. Its slightly amazing to think that seven years have now passed!
It is worth reminding you of the HCPC standards though, as this often underpins what you do as CPD. They are that registrants must:
1. maintain a continuous, up-to-date and accurate record of their CPD activities;
2. demonstrate that their CPD activities are a mixture of learning activities relevant to current or future practice;
3. seek to ensure that their CPD has contributed to the quality of their practice and service delivery;
4. seek to ensure that their CPD benefits the service user; and
5. upon request, present a written profile (which must be their own work and supported by evidence) explaining how they have met the standards for CPD.
- How does your workplace support CPD and has this changed in the last year?
- How do you ensure you keep your CPD ‘continuous’ – how regularly do you add to your CPD?
- What CPD activities do you find most useful for your role?
- How do you plan your CPD to include a mixture of learning activities
- Has your CPD changed the way you work?
- Any tips or advice for how to complete your CPD portfolio
If you missed the chat – you can catch up with the transcript