Physiotherapists in the UK are required to re-register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) every 2 years. The renewal window for Physiotherapists opened on 1st February 2022 and closes on 30th April 2022.
The focus of the #Physiotalk on 14th March is registration with the HCPC. Tonight we will be discussing the standards that we as registrants of the HCPC are expected to adhere to including:
- Communication and using social media
- Health, safety and wellbeing
- Person centred-care
- Raising concerns, openess and honesty
- Record keeping
- Reflective practice
- Scope of practice
- Supervision, leadership and culture
- Have you re-registered with the HCPC for this re-registration period? Did you find the process easy? If you have not yet re-registered are you planning on re-registering?
- Have you ever been de-registered by the HCPC? Maybe you accidentally missed a deadline for re-registration? Did you find it easy to get re-registered?
- Are you a qualified Physiotherapist or do you know a former Physiotherapy colleague who has let their HCPC registration slip and would like to get back on the register?
- As HCPC registrants Physiotherapists have a duty to keep an active up to date record of CPD activities. Have you ever had to submit your CPD portfolio? What did you learn from the experience? What advice do you have for your Physiotherapy colleagues who are called to submit evidence of CPD?
- As a Physiotherapist who uses Twitter what is your advice for your colleagues who are using Twitter? Can taking part in a #Physiotalk be used as evidence of CPD activity?
As always please remember to use the hashtag #Physiotalk in all your tweets and replies.
Missed the chat? Catch up with the transcript here!