In last weeks #physiotalk questions were raised about Personal Protective Equipment or PPE. Our next #physiotalk chat at 8pm BST on Monday 6th April will be focussing on the right PPE to support physiotherapists working on the frontline of the battle against COVID19 – whatever your setting.
Updated guidelines have been produced on 2nd April 2020 and issued jointly by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), Public Health Wales (PHW), Public Health Agency (PHA) Northern Ireland, Health Protection Scotland (HPS), Public Health England and NHS England. These now align more closely with World Health Organisation and the guidance put forwards by professional bodies including the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
The next #physiotalk gives you the chance to ask questions about PPE, as well as other linked issues about uniforms, scrubs and laundry.
Please join the #physiotalk and share your experiences no matter what setting you are working in. Do you work in an acute setting with ventilated patients? Are you working in the community setting? Do you work with patients with mental health difficulties? Are you working from home waiting to be redeployed to a new setting?
Join us at 8pm on Monday 6th April to talk about PPE.
Why not take a look at the CSPs wide ranging advice and guidance ahead of the chat
Joining for the first time?
The chat questions
- What setting are you currently working in and have you been redeployed to this setting?
- What are the challenges regarding PPE in your setting?
- What previous experience have you got in Infection Control?
- What level of support did you get for donning and doffing PPE? Did you find the videos useful or did you need more practical experience?
- What information would you like to share with your colleagues?
- What about uniform, laundering, steps to follow when you get home?
Missed the chat? Catch up with the transcript here.