The CSP East Midlands Regional Network (@CSPEastMidlands) focuses on four broad objectives:
- Recruitment of, and engagement with, members in the East Midlands
- Raising awareness of physiotherapy within the East Midlands
- Contributing regional views and insights into CSP deliberations
- Any local objectives identified by the network or by the CSP centrally.
We need your insight and intelligence to achieve these objectives and better understand your local circumstances and preferences. These are the questions we’d like you to consider and discuss during the CSP East Midlands Tweetchat on 14 Jan 2019 at 8.30pm GMT
- What are your professional goals for 2019?
- What should our goals and objectives be as regional network for 2019?
- How can you and the CSPEM network work together over the next year to achieve these goals? Is there anything you’d like to see done differently over the next year?
- How can we and CSPEM region represent you at the Annual Representatives Conference in June 2019?
- Tell us about a success you’ve had over the last year.
Background information on the CSP Corporate Strategy
Council clearly envisages regional networks playing a part in delivering the CSP corporate strategy, particularly in terms of influencing locally and promoting public engagement. The CSP strategy, set by Council, explicitly refers to regions in relation to addressing several CSP corporate objectives:
Put physiotherapy at the leading edge of transforming health and social care
Support members in their regions and localities in positively influencing decisions that impact on patients and members locally.
Fulfil the potential of physiotherapy to empower patients and communities
Support members in their regions and localities in positively influencing decisions that impact on the health of local communities.
Help physiotherapy networks and communities organise
Enable members in their regional networks to exert influence and engage fellow members.
Undertaking activity around the CSP priority influencing agendas and campaigns would meet these expectations. The current priorities are:
- Promoting and implementing first contact physiotherapy across all regions
- Workforce expansion including supporting the development of more practice-based learning (placement) opportunities for students and practitioners returning to practice
- Recruitment into the CSP of students and support workers
- Love Activity, Hate Exercise? campaign.